www.Ridesidebyside.com Sponsored by www.hunterworks.com, www.hightechhp.com and www.3stepatvtires.com   Welcome to RideSidebySide

Welcome to RideSidebySide.com

A place for owners of all types of UTVs and ATVs

Go Back   www.Ridesidebyside.com Sponsored by www.hunterworks.com, www.hightechhp.com and www.3stepatvtires.com > Hunterworks UTV Info > Rhino How To's and Tech Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2006, 10:07 PM

Default Tracks on your Rhino

What kind are you using and what is the performance like speed and power.
I'm thinking about the Tatou tracks comments please
Old 02-20-2006, 02:10 PM

Send a message via ICQ to MaineRhino
Default Re: Tracks on your Rhino

I recently bought the TJD (Cattracks) tracks, hoping that we would have lots of snow here in Maine. No such luck this year, as the ground is bare!
My max speed is about 20mph. The ride is very rough on bare ground, and by all means, do NOT run over stumps or large rocks with these tracks! I learned the hard way by bending a roller guide!
Performance is good, with lots of power and a decent turning radius, but poor gas mileage.
Price, for comparison, was $3,000 installed. I also had to register it as a snowmobile for legal use on the trails.

Pray for snow!!

MaineRhino
Old 02-20-2006, 05:58 PM

Thumbs up Re: Tracks on your Rhino

I can get "Lightfoot Tracks" by Mattracks, are considerable amount more, but will not have the problems with bending the drive sprocket, as the drive is from inside the track, and are military approved. Let me know if I can help.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:50 AM

Smile Re: Tracks on your Rhino

I've had (TJD) tracks for over a year now and have had no problems. Only thing I have found is that they are a little time consuming to install especially if your putting them on by yourself. I've been through some very deep snow including a 3 foot snow storm we had earlier this year. No problems. Top speed last year was about 25mph, this year I've been able to squeeze about 30mph but thanks to blackrhino cdi upgrade. I've found as long as you don't get hung up these tracks will take you any where you want to go. I have also registered my rhino as a snowmobile for the winter months with tracks installed. I've got to say you get some interesting looks from snowmobilers that you meet on the trail. I also have an enclosed cab with heater from (Beaverpro) which is awesome. So nice to be able to ride -20 with no gloves. It can get chilly up here in Northern Maine !!
Old 02-21-2006, 09:15 PM

How do you guys keep your windshields from fogging up in the snow. I too have the TJ's and really like them.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:27 PM

I have Tatou tracks. I love the things. I dont think you can go wrong with any track system as long as you want to use them in the snow. If you want year round tracks then some are better than others.

I would buy tatous all over again. I like them more and more with every use.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathunter
How do you guys keep your windshields from fogging up in the snow. I too have the TJ's and really like them.
The heater I have installed works awesome. I also have a small 12volt fan mounted by the passanger's headrest to circulate the warm air but I don't have to use it very often. The heater will pretty much drive you out of the cab. Gets quite warm and thats running the heater on low. Still have med and high but gets to hot.....
Old 03-19-2006, 05:07 PM

Here in Canada we have more than 5 fett of snow this year. My Rhino is track with TJD ans i got no problem. but i think its better to rum with super fuel and the consommation is better.With trackx you can go where you want, but be carefull not diving in the snow, because youl will remember your trip. You must have a winch, chain and shovel and cell phone just in case.
The weight of the Rhino with track should be 1500 pounds and its hard to remove this vehicule if its stock in the snow
Pierre